Knight Support is committed to ensuring its website is accessible and inclusive for all its users. When building this website we have tried to ensure that everyone can use its content and services, regardless of their ability or disability.
The site design and build has taken into account the following guidelines:
The Knight Support site currently exceeds WAI single 'A' and is close to WAI 'AA' standards. We are continually working towards complying with 'AAA' standard of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
This website site uses Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to separate design from content (with rare exception for certain components of some pages). This means that if your browser does not support CSS or if you wish to turn it off then most pages are still easily readable and functional.
All fonts are scalable which means you can adjust the type size to suit you by using the options in your browser menu. Go into the 'View' menu in your browser window to increase or decrease font size.
PC / browsers
Increase text size: Hold down the CTRL key and press + Decrease text size: Hold down the CTRL key and press -
Mac / all browsers
Increase text size: Hold down the Command key and press + Decrease text size: Hold down the Command key and press -
This website has been tested on the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer (9+)
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
The content has been written and formatted to make it accessible.
- headings highlight sections of text
- sentences are short with the meaning at the beginning
- links use meaningful text
- forms can be navigated using the tab key.
The most popular software that is useful for assisting access to websites is listed below. Some are free, some are commercial but have free demos.
- JAWS, a screen reader for Windows. A time-limited, downloadable demo is available.
- Home Page Reader, a screen reader for Windows. A downloadable demo is available.
- Lynx browser, a free text-only web browser for blind users with refreshable Braille displays.
- Links browser, a free text-only web browser for visual users with low bandwidth.
- Opera browser, a visual browser with many accessibility-related features, including text zooming, user stylesheets, image toggle. A free downloadable version is available. Compatible with Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and several other operating systems.
We are continually working to improve the quality and accessibility of the Knight Support website. While every effort has been made to ensure that it is accessible to the widest number of users, if you experience any problems or have any questions regarding the accessibility of the this website please don't hesitate to report any problems to us.